Life-saving surgery really was a Gift!


Avoid feeding dogs bones... Gift was brought to Mdzananda struggling to breathe. After two days of severe difficulty breathing and no blockages showing up on x-rays, gift coughed up a piece of marrow bone. The chunk of bone had gone into her lung causing a lung infection. Due to the minimal calcium content in marrow bones it did not show up on the x-rays. Luckily, Gift was able to cough the piece of bone up to a point where Dr Friedl was able to pull it out of her throat. After receiving some medication for her lung infection, Gift recovered fully and went home with strict instructions to not feed her bones again.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

21297 Govan Mbeki Road Khayelitsha | 082 251 0554 | 021 367 6001

After hour emergencies: SPCA 083 326 1604 / Cape Animal Medical Centre - 24h Private Practice in Kenilworth (full private practice rates will be charged): 021 674 0034

  • Instagram
  • w-facebook
  • c-youtube

Member of:

Cape Animal Welfare Forum
This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now